Celebrity Landscape Artist
Hanging precariously and horizontally from red sandstone, hundreds of feet above the ground, may not seem like it would inspire the creation of beautiful oil paintings, but that is exactly what happened with Erin Hanson. After a lifetime of experimenting in different styles and mediums, it wasn’t until Hanson began rock climbing at Red Rock Canyon that her painting style was consolidated by a single inspiration and force of nature.
Erin Hanson began painting as a young girl, voraciously learning oils, acrylics, watercolor, pen and ink, pastels, and life drawing from accomplished art instructors. She began commissioning paintings at age ten, and by age twelve, she was employed after school by a mural studio, learning the techniques of acrylics on the grand scale of forty-foot canvases. Two years later, a high school scholarship took her to Otis College of Art, where she immersed herself in figure drawing. Graduating high school at age sixteen and once again demonstrating that she was a child prodigy, Hanson next attended UC Berkeley, excelling further in her studies and creative development and attaining a degree in Bioengineering.
- COWGIRL UP! Desert Caballeros Western Museum, Wickenburg, AZ. Awards: 1st Place 2-D on Canvas 2018 and Best in Show 2019. 2016 – 2019
- THE MOUNTAIN OYSTER CLUB ART SHOW. Tuscon, AZ. 2016 – 2017
- THE WOODLANDS WATERWAY FESTIVAL. The Woodlands, TX. Awards: Best in Show, Featured Artist for 2017 and Poster Artist for 2018.
- ART SAN DIEGO. San Diego, CA. Awards: Spotlight Artist, Best New Exhibitor. 2016
- LA QUINTA ARTS FESTIVAL. Juror for painting category. 2016 – 2017
- THE ERIN HANSON ART & WINE TOUR. Paso Robles, CA. 2015
- ART IN EMBASSIES. U.S. Department of State. 2015 and 2018
- SAATCHI ART. Awards: The Year in Review: Best of 2015.
- WOODLANDS WATERWAY ART FESTIVAL. Houston, TX. Awards: Best in Show for 2015.
- INDIAN WELLS ART FESTIVAL. Indian Wells, CA. Awards: Poster Artist for 2015.
- HERMOSA BEACH ARTWALK. Hermosa Beach, CA. Poster Artist for 2015.
- THE MOUNTAIN OYSTER CLUB ART SHOW. Tuscon, AZ. 2014
- WORLDWIDE ART LOS ANGELES, Artavita Contest 1st Place Winner. Los Angeles, CA. Curated by Despina Tunberg. 2014
- ERIN HANSON: BORREGO IN COLOR. Tumbleweed Art Gallery, Borrego Springs, CA. Curated by Glenda Garmon. 2014
- PASOSCAPES: OILS BY ERIN HANSON. Studios on the Park, Paso Robles, CA. Curated by Sasha Irving. 2013
- EARTH, SKY, WATER. Arts at Denver, Denver. Curated by Paula Colette. 2013
- LA JOLLA FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS. Awards: 1st Place Painting. 2013
- BORREGO ART INSTITUTE. Borrego Springs, CA. Curated by Barbara Nickerson. 2013
- ART IN THE PARK. Boulder City, NV. 1st Place Painting. Juried by Boulder City Hospital Foundation. 2012
- ERIN HANSON: COLORS OF PASO, SOLO SHOW. Paso Robles, CA. Curated by Sasha Irving. 2012
- BOULDER CITY FINE ART FESTIVAL. 1st Place Fine Art. Juried by Boulder City Art Guild. 2012
- NATIONAL OIL & ACRYLIC PAINTERS’ SOCIETY Awards: Best of America 2012
- CA 101 EXHIBITION, 2012, Redondo Beach, CA. Curated by Sandra Liljenwall. 2012
- ICONS OF THE WEST 2012. Missoula, MT. Curated by Dana Gallery. 2012
- DESERTSCAPES: COACHELLA VALLEY AND BEYOND. Palm Desert, CA. Curated by Jana Koroczynsky. 2012
- THE MAJESTICAL ROOF. Downtown Pasadena, CA. Curated by Christina Burnal. 2009
- LIGUORI GALLERY SOLO SHOW. Boulder City, NV. Curated by Steven Liguori. 2007
- VALLEY OF FIRE VISITOR’S CENTER. Valley of Fire State Park, Nevada. 2006
- Wine Country: Impressions in Oil, by Erin Hanson. 2018
- Open-Impressionism: Landscapes in Oil, Volume II, by Erin Hanson. 2016
- California Wine Country: Impressions in Oil, by Anja Wulf. Hardcover, 200 pages. 2015
- Erin Hanson Design, Flipbook for Creative Decorating, by Erin Hanson. Paperback, 52 pages. 2015
- Open-Impressionism: The Landscapes of Erin Hanson, by David Lear. Hardcover, 298 pages. 2014
- Yearly wall calendar, 2013 – 2019